Join the "BANA Community Membership" today!
BANA is a membership charity with benefits for those who wish to join our community. We will endeavour to always give some level of support to anyone who contacts us, however additional features of becoming a member are:
* Full members’ access to the restricted area of our website, including the forum, with on-going discussions between patients and family members for peer-to-peer advice-giving and assistance with day-to-day concerns.
* Receipt of our periodical magazine, Headline News, containing member stories and news within our community.
* Our network of acoustic neuroma patient members on our Telephone & Email Support Register, willing to speak with others in a similar position, to share mutual experiences and give support from a place of understanding.
* Access to one of a number of local area support groups within the UK, often with a speaker from the medical or therapy profession.
* Access to our closed Facebook community group, always active with acoustic neuroma patients sharing stories and giving support.
* Becoming a member is also a way in which to give back, with rising numbers of our community population instiling the real sense of need for our charity.
BANA Community Membership costs £18 for an annual subscription – just £1.50 a month.
Please note our statement on data holding and management which applies to your membership.
Gift Aided donations and subscriptions paid to BANA give a great opportunity to increase fundraising at no extra cost to the donor. Gift Aided donations are increased by 25% of the total sum if the donor is a UK Tax Payer, whose tax contributions for the tax year is equivalent to or more than the amount of Gift Aid that can be reclaimed on the amount donated that year. For example, if you make a donation of £20, you must pay at least £5 in tax that same tax year.
In order for us to claim Gift Aid from your contributions, please agree to the following statement before proceeding to complete your membership:
I confirm that I am a UK tax payer and I want the charity to treat all subscriptions and donations I make today and in future, until I notify you otherwise, as Gift Aid donations.
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand the charity will reclaim 25p on tax on every £1 I give.
Please note: Gift Aid cannot be claimed if someone else pays on your behalf.
Please notify the charity if you:
If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment Tax return, or ask HMRC to adjust your tax code.
If you have any questions about Gift Aid please visit HMRC website www.hmrc.gov.uk
We hope our website helps you to find the information & support that you are seeking. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us